Now that restrictions are slowly lifting I have made the decision to book a few family/newborn sessions a month. Being in Melbourne, Australia and relatively removed from the the city we have been pretty unaffected by the impacts this virus has had worldwide.
We have had a full happy house. With my husband being fortunate enough to have continued work unaffected from home, and since I finished up my first year of school photos in March, I was still very busy getting photos printed and packaged and delivered to the school. Juggling online schooling with work has been challenging. But the benefits of having my family home and safe every day has far outweighed the challenges we have had to face.
We have bonded as a family and the time together has taught us to be more patient and understanding of each other. This in no way means we woke up every day singing songs and dancing on rainbows. It just means our every day bickering was a little less severe and ended in some giggles here and there.
So now that the government seems to be easing restrictions, we can all see some glimmer of normality creeping back into life. And although I am reluctantly saying goodbye to our lazy morning routines and the blissfull lack of a extra curricular’s and birthday parties on weekends, I am very excited to pick up my camera again. I am excited to meet new families and revisit some old ones who have grown and changed.
During this time the safety of both my clients, their families as well as my own safety will be a priority during sessions. And I will be sure to check the government updates and guidelines daily.
Here are a few ways where sessions might look a little different moving forward.
- I will be cleaning/sanitising all my gear between sessions.
- I will remove my shoes before entering my clients home (Although for those who know me this isn’t anything new. )
- I will be sure to sanitise my hands and wear a mask during sessions.
- Importantly I will not be photographing any families if I am sick and ask that clients contact me if they are feeling unwell so that we can re-schedule when everyone is feeling 100%.
- I ask that only immediate family members to be present during in home sessions.
One thing that will remain the same is the fun, love, laughter and the beautiful memories captured and shared!
Please feel free to contact me to book a session or to discuss any questions/concerns that you might have. Please stay safe.
Lazy Dayz in Iso!